We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest current affairs 29 April 2022 which have unique updates of latest current affairs 29 April 2022 events from all newspaper such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all government official websites.
Current Affairs 29 April 2022 is one of the important section in most of the competitive exams such as UPSC,UPPSC,SSC,BANK and other government exams. In the competitive exams, the current affairs 29 April 2022 section aims at assessing your knowledge about current affairs 29 April 2022 (social, economic, and political developments). Thus it is important to align your exam preparation with the latest current affairs 29 April 2022 and daily G K updates.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Global Patidar Business Summit (GPBS), being organized by Sardardham, on 29th April,in Surat.
- Sardardham is organizing GPBS under ‘Mission 2026’ to provide an impetus to socio-economic development of Patidar community.
- The first two Summits were held in Gandhinagar in 2018 and 2020,
- The main theme of GPBS 2022 is “Aatmanirbhar Community to Aatmanirbhar Gujarat and India”. The Summit aims to bring together small, medium and large enterprises within the community; nurture and support new entrepreneurs and provide training and employment assistance to the educated youth.
- The three day Summit, being organized from 29th April to 1st May, covers various aspects of government industrial policy, MSMEs, start-ups, innovation, among others.
2.IndiGo becomes first airline to use indigenous navigation system GAGAN
- Airports Authority of India (AAI)today successfully conducted at Kishangarh Airport, Rajasthan light trial using GAGAN (GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation)based LPV Approach Procedures.
- The successful trial is a great achievement and major milestone in field of Air Navigation Services (ANS) in the history of Indian Civil Aviation Sector.
- India is the first country in Asia Pacific Region to achieve such a landmark.
- GAGAN is an Indian Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) jointly developed by AAI and ISRO.
- It is the first such system developed for India and neighboring countries in the equatorial region.
- GAGAN System was certified by DGCA in 2015 for Approach with Vertical Guidance (APV 1) and en-route (RNP 0.1) operations.
- There are only four Space-Based augmentation systems available in the world namely India (GAGAN), US(WAAS) Europe (EGNOS) and Japan (MSAS). GAGAN is the first such system developed for India and neighboring countries in the equatorial region.
3.Department of Posts starts providing NPS services through online mode.
- Department of Posts is now pleased to start providing NPS (All Citizen Model) through online mode By 26 April 2022.
- Any Citizen of India in the age group of 18-70 years of age group can avail this online facility by visiting the official website of the Department of Posts (www.indiapost.gov.in) under the menu head “National Pension System -Online Services”
- Facilities like new registration, initial/ subsequent contribution and SIP options under NPS Online are available to the customers at minimum charges for all services.
- NPS service charge of the Department is amongst the lowest. The subscriber are also eligible for tax deduction in NPS as per declaration made by Ministry of Finance time to time under sec. 80CCD 1(B).
- This online facility may be availed by all eligible persons for NPS without physically visiting any post office and to enjoy the hassle free experience at minimum fee structure.
- Online facility will go a long way in promoting National Pension Scheme (All Citizen Model) and will ensure a secured and dignified life of people in the country in their old age.
4.PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate SemiconIndia Conference 2022 at Bengaluru.
- Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate SemiconIndia Conference 2022, the three-day event taking place from April 29th to May 1st, 2022.
- The conference is envisioned as the launch pad to kickstart India’s ambition in becoming the global semiconductor hub and nurture the chip design and manufacturing ecosystem.
- Eminent names from industry associations, research organizations, academia and industry are set to articulate opportunities, challenges and innovative solutions that will help accelerate growth of the semicon ecosystem in India.
- Theme of semiconIndia, Catalyzing India’s Semiconductor Ecosystem, brings together the best minds in Semiconductor industry from India and abroad
5.Union Minister Shri Giriraj Singh launches 90-day campaign ‘Azadi Se Antyodaya Tak’
- The campaign aims to saturate 17 schemes of 9 Ministries in 75 selected districts across the country.
- Selected districts are aligned with the birth places of 99 unsung heroes of Indian freedom movement.
- The Azadi Se Antyodaya Tak campaign is being led by Ministry of Rural Development with active support from Ministry of Culture and all participating ministries/departments.
- The campaign is extended to cover 75 districts across 28 States/UTs namely Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Puducherry, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
6.Shri Dharmendra Pradhan to launch Mandate Document of National Curriculum Framework (NCF).
- The National Education Policy (NEP), 2020 recommends the development of National Curriculum Frameworks (NCF) in four areas–
- (A) School Education,
- (B) Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE),
- (C) Teacher Education and
- (D) Adult Education.
- For providing inputs for the development of these, four curriculum frameworks, 25 themes based on the perspectives of the NEP, 2020 are identified under the three categories, viz., 1. Curriculum and Pedagogy 2. Cross-cutting Issues 3. Other important areas of NEP, 2020 focusing on systemic changes and reforms.
- The entire process of curriculum framework is being done in a paperless manner with very wide consultation at school/district/state level with the help of a Tech platform and Mobile App.
7.Shri Arjun Munda, inaugurated the ‘Kudo Sports Complex’ in Dimapur, Nagaland.
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda visited Nagaland on a two-day official visit.
- During his visit, the Union Minister Shri Arjun Munda in an endeavour to encourage mass participation and promote excellence in sports among tribals, inaugurated the ‘Kudo Sports Complex’ in Dimapur, Nagaland.
- laid the foundation stone for Kohima Village Multipurpose Community Building. The community building will help the villagers to improve their quality of life.
- Another laid the Eklavya Model Residential School in Kiphire, Nagaland which will help tribal students achieve quality education.
8.Ministry of Tribal Affairs organises 2 days’ workshop in Jharkhand on ADIGRAMS.
- It is a unique portal which will monitor the physical and financial progress of the grants given by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs to the States and can track the actual utilisation of the funds.
- The information related to the beneficiaries is uploaded on the portal and the infrastructure projects are geotagged.
- All the information will be available in the public domain for transparency and accountability.
- Similar initiatives have been taken by the Ministry in Maharashtra, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Meghalaya along with training conducted by a team of technical experts from the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and UNDP.
- The workshop organised offers a training session on the portal and uploading the data associated with the tribal schemes.
9.India celebrate 70 years of diplomatic relations with Japan.
- “As we celebrate 70 years of establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Japan , I am happy to see that our ties have deepened in every sphere, whether strategic, economic or people-to-people contacts.”
- “The recent visit of my friend PM Kishida @kishida230 to India for the Annual Summit laid out a roadmap for deepening our Special Strategic and Global Partnership in a post-COVID world. I look forward to continue working with PM Kishida to realize that objective.”
- India and Japan established diplomatic relations on 28 April 1952. In 2022, the two countries will celebrate the 70th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations. To mark this historic occasion, the two countries have decided to have special logos. The Japanese side had launched its logo in August 2021.
10.WTO Food Security Seminar held in Geneva.
- India’s food security approach and innovations towards poor and vulnerable sections of society were widely appreciated by participants in the WTO seminar from across the globe.
- The WTO high-level seminar on Food Security was held in Geneva on 26th April 2022 to facilitate dialogue on trade and food security among Geneva-based trade officials, policymakers, experts from international organizations and think tanks.
- S. Jagannathan, who represented India in the WTO Seminar, highlighted India’s outstanding experience in successfully ensuring dignified & foolproof access to adequate food grains to the most vulnerable people in the country
- During COVID, India’s food security response to the COVID-19 crisis is being hailed as a shining example for its unparalleled speed, scale & transparency, and rightful targeting.
- Government of India for ensuring the Availability, Affordability, and Accessibility of both normal and free food grains at all times.
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY) in ensuring additional food security for around 800 million beneficiaries in the country during the COVID period.
- One Nation One Ration Card Plan that allows all NFSA beneficiaries, particularly migrant beneficiaries, to claim either full or part food grains from any of the 0.5 million Fair Price Shops (FPS) in the country through existing ration card with biometric/Aadhaar authentication in a seamless manner.
- Speedy implementation of ONORC during COVID has enabled beneficiaries to avail of nearly USD 5 billion of food subsidy through nearly 580 million portable transactions and around 650 million portable transactions since the beginning.
11.Atal Tunnel receives IBC Best Infrastructure Project award.
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) Engineering Marvel Atal Tunnel built in Rohtang of Himachal Pradesh received Indian Building Congress (IBC) ‘Best Infrastructure Project’ award on April 28, 2022 in New Delhi.
- Director General BRO, Lt General Rajeev Chaudhry received the award during 25th annual Convention of IBC for the stupendous achievement of BRO in constructing this engineering marvel connecting Manali to the Lahaul-Spiti Valley.
ABOUT ATAL TUNNEL
- The tunnel, built by using the New Austrian Tunneling Method (NATM) was dedicated to the Nation by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on October 03, 2020.
- The 9.02 km Atal Tunnel at Rohtang has created a new record! Located at an altitude of more than 10000 ft, this tunnel connects Manali with Lahaul, and has been recognised as the world’s longest single tube highway at this height by the World Book of Records, London.
- Atal Tunnel has now been officially certified as the World’s Longest Highway Tunnel above 10000 Feet by the World Book of Records.
- As per the reports, the tunnel has been built at a cost of INR 3200 crore, and is also the world’s first tunnel that offers 4G internet connectivity.
- You will find CCTV cameras at every 60 m in the tunnel, while surveillance is carried out through the control room.
12. “Not Just A Nightwatchman: My Innings in the BCCI” by Vinod Rai.
- Padma Bhushan Vinod Rai, former(11th) Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) India, has authored a new book titled “Not Just A Nightwatchman: My Innings in the BCCI”.
- The book features his 33-month stint as the Chairman of the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- The book is published by Rupa Publications India Pvt. Ltd. He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 2016 for civil service. He was appointed as the first Chairman of the Banks Board Bureau(BBB) in 2016.
13. Devendra Fadnavis Releases the book on Amit Shah “Amit Shah Ani Bhajapachi Vatchal”
- Devendra Fadnavis, former Chief Minister(CM) of Maharashtra, released a Marathi book on Amit Shah, Union Minister of Home Affairs, titled “Amit Shah Ani Bhajapachi Vatchal”, a Marathi version of the book “Amit Shah and The March of BJP”.
- The book is published by Bloomsbury India. The book was originally written by Dr Anirban Ganguly and Shiwanand Dwivedi and it has been translated into Marathi by Dr Jyostna Kolhatkar. The book documents the life and political journey of Amit Shah and details his contribution to BJP in making it the world’s biggest political organisation.
14. International Dance Day observed on 29th April 2022
- The International Dance Day is observed globally on 29 April every year. The day celebrates the value and importance of the dance and encourages participation and education in this art form through events and festivals.
- In 1982 the Dance Committee of ITI founded International Dance Day to be celebrated every year on the 29th of April, the birthday of Jean-Georges Noverre (1727-1810), creator of modern ballet.
- This day is also celebrated to promote the multiple benefits of dancing, to recognize dance as a stress reliever, expressing oneself, a way of celebrating happiness, and an activity that brings people together.