We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest current affairs 3 may 2022 which have unique updates of latest current affairs 3 MAY 2022 events from all newspaper such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all government official websites.
Current Affairs 3 may 2022 is one of the important section in most of the competitive exams such as UPSC,UPPSC,SSC,BANK and other government exams. In the competitive exams, the current affairs 3 MAY 2022 section aims at assessing your knowledge about current affairs 3 MAY2022 (social, economic, and political developments). Thus it is important to align your exam preparation with the latest current affairs 3 MAY 2022 and daily G K updates.
1.President 4 day visit to Assam & Mizoram.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will visit Assam and Mizoram from May 3 to 6
- The President will address the 61st annual conference of Bodo Sahitya Sabha at Tamulpur, Assam
- On the same day, he will also grace the valedictory function of North East Festival at Guwahati, organised by the Ministry of DoNER as a part of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The President will also address the 16th convocation of the Mizoram University at Aizawl .
- This will be the second visit of the President to Mizoram after taking over charge as president in July 2017.
2.Railways Ministry signed MoU with C-DoT to work together for Public Safety & Security Services.
- Ministry of Railways has signed a pact with the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) for the modernization of Telecommunication in Indian Railways for Public Safety and Security Services.
- It will be done using the LTE-R following world standards, 5G Use Cases in Indian Railways in line with Make in India policy, Internet of Things, Unified Network Management System, Network Management System, Chatting application, Routers and Switches.
3.Haryana govt will build stadium in Neeraj Chopra’s hometown.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced to build a stadium in Olympic gold-medallist Neeraj Chopra’s native village Khandra, Panipat.
- A stadium would cost ₹10 crores to the government. In 2021, Chopra (Javelin thrower) became the first Indian to win a gold medal in the Olympic track and field.
- Khelo India Youth Games-2021 will be organised by the Haryana Government from June 4 to June 13.
4.Prime Minister’s meeting with Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Governments of the Federal Republic of Germany and of the Republic of India, under the co-chairmanship of the Federal Chancellor Olaf Scholz and Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, held the sixth round of Inter-Governmental Consultations (IGC).
List of agreements signed on the occasion of 6th India-Germany Inter-Governmental Consultations.
- 1). Joint Declaration on the Initialing of the Agreement on a Comprehensive Migration and Mobility Partnership.
- 2).JDI on Green and Sustainable Development Partnership.
- 3).JDI on the implementation of Triangular Development Cooperation projects in Third Countries.
- 4).Indo-German Development Cooperation Regarding Renewable Energy Partnership.
- 5).JDI on continuation of cooperation in the field of advanced training of corporate executives and junior executives from India.
- 6).Indo-German Green Hydrogen Task Force.
- 7).JDI on Agroecology.
- 8).JDI on Forest Landscape Restoration.
5.Saudi Arabia offers Pakistan $ 8 billion in Financial support.
- Saudi Arabia has agreed to provide Pakistan with a “sizeable package” of around $8 billion to help the cash-starved country bolster dwindling forex reserves and revive its ailing economy.
- Pakistan has faced growing economic challenges, with high inflation, sliding forex reserves, a widening current account deficit and a depreciating currency.
- Pakistan secured the deal during the visit of Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif to Saudi Arabia. The financial package includes doubling of the oil financing facility, additional money either through deposits or Sukuks and rolling over of the existing $4.2 billion facilities.
6.Statue of Unity included in ‘8 Wonders of SCO’ list.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation has included India’s Statue of Unity in its ‘8 Wonders of SCO’ list.
- The Statue of Unity is the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, first Home Minister of the independent India. The 182-metre-tall statue is the world’s tallest statue located in Kevadia, Gujarat.
- The statue was inaugurated in October 2018 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the occasion of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel ‘s 143rd birth anniversary.
7.New Zealand allows tourists after 2 years.
- New Zealand has reopened its borders to travelers from the United States, Canada, Japan and more than 50 other countries for the first time in more than two years.
- Tourism Minister of New Zealand Stuart Nash said thousands of people were expected to touch down in New Zealand.
- Before the spread of COVID-19, more than three million tourists visited New Zealand each year, accounting for 20 percent of the country’s foreign income and more than 5 percent of the overall economy.
ECONOMY & BANKING NEWS
8.Unemployment in April climbs to 7.83% by CMIE.
- The unemployment rate in the country grew to 7.83 per cent in April from 7.60 per cent in March, according to the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) data.
- The unemployment rate in urban areas was higher at 9.22 per cent compared to 8.28 per cent.
- In the rural area, the unemployment rate was at 7.18 per cent in April compared to 7.29 per cent in the previous month.
- Unemployment rate was the highest in Haryana at 34.5 per cent followed by Rajasthan at 28.8 per cent, Bihar 21.1 per cent and Jammu and Kashmir 15.6 per cent.
9..EX-Petroleum Secretary Tarun Kapoor is new Adviser to PM MODI.
- The Centre appointed retired Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer and former Petroleum Secretary Tarun Kapoor as an advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in the Prime Minister’s Office.
- The 1987-batch Himachal Pradesh cadre officer has been appointed to the post initially for a period of two years from the date of joining.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Kapoor along with two other appointments in the Prime Minister’s Office on the Additional Secretary level.
- Senior bureaucrats Hari Ranjan Rao and Atish Chandra have been appointed as additional secretaries in the PMO.
10.Jatin khanna is new CEO of Sarovar Hotels.
- Sarovar Hotels in India today announced the appointment of Mr. Jatin Khanna as the new Chief Executive Officer for the brand.
- Before becoming part of Sarovar Hotels, he was with Marriott, handling 32 hotels as Vice President-North India, Bhutan, and Nepal. Jatin earlier served as Vice President of Operations for Hilton Hotels India.
- Jatin is a graduate from Delhi University and holds a BA Hons. in Hospitality Management from the University of West London.
11. IGIA was world 2nd busiest Airport.
- Delhi airport has been ranked as the second busiest airport globally in March 2022 in terms of seat capacity and frequency of domestic and international flights, stated travel data provider Official Airline Guide (OAG).
- This recovery of passenger and flight traffic comes after the aviation sector took a massive dip in the two years of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Aviation sectors have slowly started showing signs of recovery in 2022.
- Delhi airport is second to only Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport to service 3,611,181 seats. Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport serviced 4,422,436 seats. Dubai International Airport was third in line with 3,554,527 seats, followed by London Heathrow Airport with 3,510,941 seats, Dallas Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport with 3,460,566 seats.
12.Jaydeep named chief rifle coach.
- Oympian shooter Joydeep Karmakar was named the chief national rifle coach by the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) and will be in charge of the Indian continent till 2025, including the Paris Olympics 2024.
- The 42-year-old Karmakar had missed a bronze medal by a whisker in the men’s 50-metre rifle prone event at the 2012 London Olympics.
- He said he understood his job will be scrutinized after Indian shooters returned empty-handed from the Tokyo Games last year and that his will focus as national coach will be on the mental strength of his wards.
13.India won silver in Asian Girls Youth Beach Handball Championship.
- India has won a silver medal at the second Asian Girls Youth Beach Handball Championship, held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The team of Indian girls has defeated Hong Kong. India was represented by Anushka Chauhan, Jassi, Sanjana Kumari, Chetna Devi, Vanshika Mehta, and Isha Majumdar.
- With this medal, the team also earned a spot in the World Youth Beach Handball Championship. The senior women’s team has finished with a bronze.
14.Harshada won gold in Jr. World weightlifting championship at Heraklion Greece.
- Harshada Sharad Garud on Monday became India’s first weightlifter to win a gold medal at the IWF Junior World Championships in Heraklion, Greece.
- The 18-year-old Harshada claimed the yellow metal with a total effort of 153kg (70kg+83kg) in the women’s 45kg category, opening India’s account on day one of the competition.
- The 70kg effort in snatch earned Harshada a top-of-the-podium finish while she was second-best in the clean and jerk section, behind Turkey’s Bektas Cansu (85kg), who took home silver medal with an overall effort of 150kg (65kg+85 kg).
IMPORTANT DAY NEWS
15.World Press Freedom Day is celebrated annually on May 3.
- According to UNESCO, the day dedicated to press freedom highlights the importance of governments and people around the world upholding their commitment to press freedom.
- World Press Freedom Day is a day to demonstrate support for journalists, photojournalists, and others in the media who work tirelessly to distribute information and bring news from across the world to people’s homes.
- This theme for World Press Freedom Day this year is ‘Journalism under Internet Siege,’ which focuses on the influence of the digital era on freedom of expression, journalist safety, and information access.
Tags: 1.President 4 day visit to Assam & Mizoram., 10.Jaydeep named chief rifle coach., 11. IGIA was world 2nd busiest Airport., 11.India won silver in Asian Girls Youth Beach Handball Championship., 2.Railways Ministry signed MoU with C-DoT to work together for Public Safety & Security Services., 3.Haryana govt will build stadium in Neeraj Chopra’s hometown., 4.Prime Minister’s meeting with Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany., 5.Saudi Arabia offers Pakistan $ 8 billion in Financial support., 6.Statue of Unity included in ‘8 Wonders of SCO’ list., 7.New Zealand allows tourists after 2 years., 8.Unemployment in April climbs to 7.83% by CMIE., 9..EX-Petroleum Secretary Tarun Kapoor is new Adviser to PM MODI., CURRENT AFFAIRS 3 MAY 2022